Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Christmas Cookie Experiment

For my first Christmas, my mama and daddy wanted to make sure that Santa Claus had his token Christmas cookies. They decided that after baking a batch, I should "decorate" the cookies with my Mamie, Papa Daddy, and Uncle Jon Michael the week before Christmas to take to Fort Worth for the actual Christmas week. BUT...my daddy was going to be at work when this special event was going to take place so we decided to do a trial run at home with just the three of us first....Mama, Daddy, and me!....oh, and Hayley, too! :)

My mama isn't a baker (she will admit that), but for some reason, she said I inspired her to make some homemade gingerbread cookies. Yum! Then, she and my daddy made red icing and green icing. They dressed me in an old, too small onesie that they told me I could get dirty. Then the fun began!


They each took turns holding me while I placed my hands in the icing and then onto each cookie. I must say that I am quite the ar-teest!


I might have even gotten some icing on my feet...whoops! (thanks, dad!)


And there's a just a chance that I might have drooled in the icing, too....but I can assure you that each one was made with love.


I had such a good time and finished with a warm bath. I LOVE bathtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment