Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My fourth month - November 2010


It was a very busy month with two big roadtrips.

Nebraska bound!

There is no place like Nebraska....at least that’s what my daddy sings to me.

This month I completed my longest road trip yet…a 10 hour drive north to Nebraska to meet my great-grandmother Aegerter (my daddy’s grandmother) and my great aunts, great uncles, cousins, and family friends. Three nights, four different beds, plus my first snow, and let me tell you…I rocked it! (Well, at least all but the last two hours where I had a total meltdown!...but I really think my parents can’t complain about that!) And while I know that hearing about how I slept in four different beds isn't particularly exciting to most people, when you measure a good or bad day by eating, sleeping, and a few other choice things, sleeping in four different beds is grand! :)

We started out Thursday morning at 7 a.m., and headed north through Oklahoma, Kansas, and then Nebraska. I slept most of the day, stopping only for three quick bottles/diaper changes. We met my cousins Christy, Derrick, and Riley in Hebron, Nebraska…home of the world’s largest porch swing.

Then we spent our first night in Seward, Nebraska at my great-grandma Aegerter’s house. My great aunt and uncle Debbie and Jim joined us for a delicious dinner. I slept almost the entire night in my pack ‘n’ play.

Friday morning we woke up, and I played with Great-grandma Aegerter while my daddy looked at old family photos and heard stories of my great-grandpa. Brrrr! It was cold! I don’t have many cold weather clothes since Texas stays pretty mild so my mom dressed me in layers. When we headed to lunch, I must have been styling because after our waitress asked my parents if I was a girl, she then said that I looked cute enough to be heading to my Christening! Silly lady…doesn’t she know I was already Christened?

After lunch, we hugged Great-grandma Aegerter goodbye and headed to Lincoln to stay with our friends Gabe, Mikaela, and Maggie. Maggie is a few years older than I am, and I thought she was the coolest girl ever. She was so pretty, and she even held me. Maggie sleeps in a big-kid bed so that night she let me sleep in her old crib.

And did I mention that it snowed all night?!? It was so cool! I have never seen such pretty white stuff, and it covered up everything.

Our friends, Pam and Chris (Gabe’s mama and daddy) came over for a wonderful pancake breakfast. They brought my mama a latte. She says she cannot live without her morning coffee…and really…she is much nicer after she gets it.

Then we took pictures in the snow. Again…it was really, really cold!!

Our next stop was the Platte River area to see my great aunt and uncle Joanne and Bill.

Several of my cousins were there, including my newest cousin Gabriel. He is about a month younger than I am. I kind of chuckled at how his head kind of bobs around. I remember doing that not too long ago…drives you crazy trying to focus and keep everything from moving around! Don’t worry, buddy…hang in there, and in a couple of weeks you’ll be in control of that noggin. It’s pretty cool how steady the world looks after that. Then you can move on to grabbing your toes!

I decided to take a nap while we were at Bill and Jo’s, and my parents snapped a few pictures because I was sleeping in my Nanna’s (my daddy’s grandmother) crib from when she was a baby. Her own daddy made it for her, and she slept in it beginning in 1913. My mama and daddy tell me that was a really long time ago.

Next, we headed to my great aunt and uncle Kay and Mike’s house outside Tecumseh, Nebraska. They live on a big, beautiful farm with lots of cows. What does a cow say? “Moo!!” Just kidding…I can’t really talk yet. I met my cousins Katie, Dalton, and Jill and my other new cousin, Hadley. She was born the same day I was…just a few hours later. She is smaller than I am but just as tall. I have never met someone my own size. We looked at each other and tried to grab each other’s hair or clothes. It was pretty cool.

My great aunt Kay taught me a new riddle. “How do you scare a bee? ‘Boo’-bies!” I thought it was pretty funny and laughed a lot! That night I slept in my Grandma Bronson’s crib from when she was a baby.

The next morning we packed up, had breakfast, and hit the road for the 10 hour drive home to Texas. I slept most of it again until just south of Oklahoma City, OK. Yada yada yada…I screamed for the final two hours. But, hey, can you blame me? If you were strapped in a car seat for most of the weekend, wouldn’t you do the same?

It was an awesome trip!

The only thing not so awesome was that I picked up my first cold. I am not so sure of this runny nose thing, and I certainly have not liked the saline or bulb that sucks my brains out.

The following weekend we met Grandpa and Grandma Bronson in Grapevine, TX for brunch, and my Grandma gave me a cute Thanksgiving outfit to wear during my upcoming trip to Mississippi. We walked around Main Street Grapevine and saw a Santa Claus workshop. It was fake though because I know the real workshop is at the North Pole.

My mama took me to the doctor because I still had my cold, but I am happy to report that the doc said I was looking great and not to worry about the cold because it was only in my nose and throat. They also told me that I weighed 13 lbs, 14 oz...big boy!

When it comes to travel, I am a glutton for punishment because I let my parents tote me for long trips...like nine hours! At least that is what it took for us to get to Mississippi for Thanksgiving, but again...I rocked that drive!

My parents tried to tell me the story of Thanksgiving with Indians and Pilgrims, but I was pretty much just interested in the idea of turkey. We went straight to West Point, MS to see my great aunts and uncle, cousins, and my great-gran. It was great...ha ha ha...I already said "great" quite a bit! Everyone held me and loved on my, and I was kind of fussy from the trip so my great aunt Shurley walked and talked to me until I went to sleep...twice!


Then it was off to Oxford for the rest of the weekend.

My mama and Mamie took me to the Square where my mama found some cute smocked clothes for me. (Clearly my mama is writing this because we all know I don't really care what I am wearing....and really, I probably prefer to just be naked.)

Anyway...we had a good time, but then we went back to the house to watch the Nebraska game. Nebraska won which made my daddy happy because his team would be heading to the Big Twelve Championship.

The next day was the Egg Bowl. I know what eggs are, but I am not quite sure how that goes with football. I watched the game with my Papa Daddy, but the Ole Miss Rebels (I mean the Black Bears) lost to Mississippi State. Regardless, I like to watch all the bright colors of the football games. My uncle Jon Michael went to the game. I thought he looked pretty snazzy!

We drove back to Dallas early, early Sunday morning, and I slept almost the entire trip home which made my parents very, very happy. We only stopped once! Lucky for them I was more tired than hungry that day.

In other news from this month, I have totally discovered my toes! Did you know about those things? They are sooooo cool! I have also resumed my conversation with myself...and sometimes others, too. I am saying lots of "ooooooos." My Bumbo and the "Sprouts" channel have become my two new favorite things. I am also getting much better at tummy-time. I can push myself up some with my arms, and I am working on rolling over.

That's all for now. I've got to start getting ready for this Santa Claus fella.

No comments:

Post a Comment